Very nice to have you here, this is the VAF monthly report, the report that always provides the latest update of vocus’ web 3.0 development.
Several topics are covered for this month:
The latest roadmap of vocuverse
- The vocuverse ecosystem
- The Idea of “Web 2.5”
The Implementation plan
- The infrastructure of $VOC
- The development of Achievement system
- Upcoming Action Items
We hope you enjoy this report and always with a great confidence to grow with vocuverse community. Let’s start!
The latest roadmap of vocuverse
After diving into Web 3.0 for about a year, now vocus has a clear vision for our Web 3.0 strategy, in short:
Our Web 3.0 service, vocuverse, right now has mainly 3 businesses
- VAF, the genesis NFT
- vocuverse adventure, the limited NFT collection curating with artist
- Tokenized IP, the salon space held by opinion leaders
VAF holders are, therefore, the early-staged investors and supporters, who deserve highest growth returns
The bigger the vocuverse ecosystem becomes, the greater values we can bring to VAF communities. We will ensure what we do is always aligning with these visions.
The vocuverse ecosystem
When it comes to the ecosystem, there are clearly 2 major dimensions that we can think of - creators v.s.audience; web 2.0 v.s. web 3.0.
The reasons why these 2 dimensions matter, we can start from the business nature of vocus - vocus as a platform, similar to Uber and Airbnb, is an intermediate that provides services for both supply (creators) and demand (readers, fans, audience) of the markets. Therefore, how to ensure the voices of both sides are heard are important. For example, creators expect their intellectual works to get rewards and can expose themselves to the right audience; while readers roam on the platforms trying to find the best fit for the joy of reading. How to match supply and demand is the most critical problem we are trying to solve.
On the other hand, as vocus is an already established Web2.0 platform with a healthy creator ecosystem, we also didn’t rush into the development of Web 3.0. Instead, vocus keeps collecting feedback from Web 2.0 communities and brainstorming the most accessible Web 3.0 services. This “Web 2.5” approach is the reason why vocus is unique, because we care about participants from both sides.
Since this January, there have been several projects launched, with numerous trial-and-error experience learned. Our roadmap for Web 2.5 is evolving at the same time. Realistic, solid but at the same time open to every possibility, we believe right now vocuverse ecosystem is in a good shape. The best is yet to come!
The Idea of “Web 2.5”
To be more specific, in order to on-board vocus Web 2.0 communities to Web 3.0 services, vocus is right now able to
- Sync with your crypto wallet
- Mint NFT with Taiwan dollar
- Display personal NFT collection
- Support NFT Paywall
Upcoming Web 2.5 features such as
- Feature owned NFT in personal profile
- Search Web 3.0 specific contents
- Participate renewed personal achievement system
- Join “Salons”
Besides product features, since 2022 Q1, we released 3 major NFT projects: “vocus and Friends”, the genesis NFT in vocuverse; “adventure”, the NFT collections that collaborates with artists with an co-creating storyline; “Tokenized IP”, the NFT for writers that strongly focus on community accessibility. Right now, vocus is going to launch the specific token “$VOC” in this vocuverse ecosystem.
The Idea of $VOC
The reason why we’re going to launch $VOC is because we want to solve 2 major visions we have: reward creators & keep the communities lively.
For creators, once $VOC starts to be online, every work they have on the platform will receive $VOC as rewards. Readers’ Interactions such as reshare, save, support these works will stimulate the accumulation of $VOC, these $VOC pools will eventually get back to creators as a fund.
For communities, there will also be a new feature, Salon, for creators to get engaged with core supporters. The supporters at an early stage have the privilege to be closer to creators, and co-create the sense of belonging together. $VOC will also be utilized in these interactions within communities.
The infrastructure of $VOC
What exactly the feature will be, you may ask. As the proposal and implementation are not yet finalized, features for $VOC are listed below, while there might be a change to ensure the final product creates the biggest impacts among vocuverse system.
- Accessibility: $VOC can be used to purchase the access to communities and advanced tools within the communities
- Investment Accumulation: $VOC holders will get future accumulation based on the amount of $VOC holdings
- Price & Reward: $VOC will be used as a price for writing competition to encourage participations
- Voting: $VOC of holders will be invited to vote on affairs related to platform governance
The Utilization of $VOC token
As mentioned previously, $VOC aims to solve 2 major visions we have: reward creators & keep the communities alive. As a result, currently our planning of $VOC utilization are listed as below:
- DAO governance: If DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) needs resources for future actions, $VOC will be the main resource pool.
- Creator Funds: If there are competitions for works or event rewards, $VOC will be the main resource pool.
- Yield Farming: If there is a need to manage the liquidity of $VOC, currently we will use Yield Farming to manage $VOC.
- Community Rewards: If there are creators and communities that contribute highly to this system, $VOC will be rewarded to them for their interactions.
- Public Sale Holding: If there are any individuals who would like to be involved in this system, $VOC is one of your good choices.
- Seed and Preseed Holdings: If there are any investors who would like to be involved in this system, $VOC is one of your good choices.
- Initial team management: The fund that supports experimental initiatives, research for the team and experts.
As this current proposal is not yet finalized, we welcome any feedback. There will be more details to come.
The Long Term Goal of $VOC token
As mentioned previously, $VOC is an infrastructure that supports creators in every growing stages by decentralized communities. Most of the creator platforms nowadays are majorly centralised management, this centralised system is easier to generate traffic and promote contents strategically, while at the end it will still face the problem of resource allocation, especially when the scale of creations is much larger.
We believe this $VOC ecosystem, with extraordinary versatility, will be able to support creators and communities smartly. Will more counterparts engaging, it will create a positive cycle and ensure this eco-system grow strong continuously.
Follow VAF & vocuverse:
Read in Mandarin (中文版)：