How to Apply for UK Youth Mobility Scheme Visa (from GOV.UK)

2024/02/07閱讀時間約 9 分鐘

If you’re from Taiwan

You must provide a valid email from the Home Office confirming you were successful in the Youth Mobility Scheme ballot.


  1. Overview
  2. Eligibility
  3. Documents you must provide
  4. Apply


You can apply for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa if you:

  • want to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years
  • are aged 18 to 30 or 18 to 35, depending on where you’re from
  • have £2,530 in savings
  • have certain types of British Nationality or are from certain countries or territories listed in the eligibility requirements

How much it costs

You will need to:

How long you can stay

You’ll be given a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 24 months.

You can enter the UK at any time while your visa is valid, and leave and come back at any time during your stay.

If you turn 31 after your visa is issued, you can stay in the UK for as long as your visa is valid.

What you can and cannot do

You can:

  • study - for some courses you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
  • work in most jobs
  • be self-employed and set up a company - as long as your premises are rented, your equipment is not worth more than £5,000 and you do not have any employees

You cannot:

  • work as a professional sportsperson (for example as a coach)
  • extend your stay unless you’re from Australia, Canada or New Zealand
  • get public funds
  • bring in family members on your application - they must apply separately

Documents you must provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

You need a blank page in your passport for your visa.

You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.

You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

Apply from outside the UK

You must apply online for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa.

Proving your identity and providing supporting documents

As part of your application, you’ll need to prove your identity. How you do this depends on where you’re from and what type of passport you have.

You’ll either:

  • have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application centre - this is to get a biometric residence permit
  • use the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app to scan your identity document - you’ll also create or sign into your UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account

You’ll be told what you need to do when you apply.

If you do need an appointment:

  • the centre may need to keep your passport and documents while they process your application
  • you may have to travel to get to your nearest visa application centre (this could be in another country)

If you’ve applied through a visa application centre, find out if you can pay to get a faster decision - this depends on where you’re applying from.

Apply for a Youth Mobility Scheme visa

Once you’ve started your application, you can save your form and complete it later.

➔ Apply online

How long it takes to get a decision

You’ll get a decision on your application within 8 weeks.

You may be able to pay to get a faster decision - you’ll be told if you can when you apply.

Contact UK Visas and Immigration for help

You can contact UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) from inside or outside the UK.

Contact centre staff cannot give you advice about your personal circumstances.

Find contact details ➔ Each enquiry costs £2.74 (GBP)


Everything happens for reason. So...seize the moment and enjoy stories.