[Verse 1]
Whaddo you sing when the song's been sung?
當歌曲唱盡之後,你又該唱什麼?
Who do you fight when the war is won?
當戰爭贏得之後,你又該與誰戰鬥?
Whaddo you write when the book is done?
當書寫完畢,你又該寫些什麼?
Whaddo you sing when the song's been sung?
當歌曲唱盡之後,你又該唱什麼?
[Verse 2]
How do you pray until you find your prayer?
如何在找到你的祈禱之前祈禱?
How can you care so much you just don't care?
如何如此關心,以至於你根本不再在乎?
How do you feel until the feelin' comes?
如何感受到感覺到來之前的感覺?
Until you love yourself, how can you love someone?
在你愛自己之前,你如何去愛別人?
[Chorus]
Here I am, a hollow man
這就是我,一個空洞的人
Tellin' stories 'bout the promise of a promised land
講述著應許之地的故事
Feel like a cheap bouquet of flowers, an' a one-man band
感覺像一束廉價的花,和一個獨奏樂隊
With my heart in hand, the hollow man
帶著我手中的心,這個空洞的人
[Verse 3]
How does it work when the words don't come?
當詞語不再流暢,它是如何運作的?
It's like pullin' the trigger on an empty gun
這就像扣動空槍的扳機
You can't makе it rain starin' at the sun
盯著太陽看,你無法讓雨水降下來
So you work at your work, until the work gets donе
所以你努力工作,直到工作完成
[Chorus]
Here I am, a hollow man
這就是我,一個空洞的人
Tellin' stories 'bout the promise of a promised land
講述著應許之地的故事
Feel like a holy roller's rosary on a one-night stand
感覺像聖徒的念珠在一夜之間
With my heart in hand, the hollow man
帶著我手中的心,這個空洞的人
[Bridge]
I'm a blank page, clean slate
我是一張空白的紙,一個潔淨的板
At night, I'll give my soul away
夜晚,我會奉獻我的靈魂
When nothin's left, I'll give you a smile
當一切都沒了,我會送給你一個微笑
I got these chords that won't wait
我有這些和弦不願等待
I'm much too vain to masturbate
我太虛榮,不能自慰
No sacrificin' substance for style
不會為了風格而犧牲實質
Awe, anyway, ha, I got you to smile
哦,無論如何,哈,我讓你微笑了
[Verse 4]
Whaddo you see that your eyes don't see?
你的眼睛看不見的是什麼?
And whaddo you dream, now that you've sold your dreams?
現在你已經賣掉了你的夢,你又做了什麼夢?
And whaddo you sing when the song's been sung?
當歌曲唱盡之後,你又該唱什麼?
Whaddo you sing when the song's been sung?
當歌曲唱盡之後,你又該唱什麼?
[Chorus]
Here I am, the hollow man
這就是我,這個空洞的人
Sellin' stories 'bout the promise of a promised land
銷售著應許之地的故事
I feel like a cheap bouquet of flowers, an' a one-man band
我感覺像一束廉價的花,和一個獨奏樂隊
I'm just a holy roller's rosary on a one-night stand
我只是一個聖徒的念珠,在一夜之間
With my heart in hand
帶著我手中的心
I am
我是
The hollow man
這個空洞的人