
莫內畫作
Answers / Carol Ann Duffy
答案
If you were made of stone,
如果你是石頭做的,
your kiss a fossil sealed up in your lips,
你的吻 – 封存於你唇上的化石,
your eyes a sightless marble to my touch,
你的眼 – 我撫觸的目盲大理石,
your grey hands pooling raindrops for the birds,
你的灰手為鳥兒掬一潭雨滴,
your long legs cold as rivers locked in ice,
你的長腿如冬河深鎖於寒冰,
if you were stone, if you were made of stone, yes, yes.
如果你是石頭,如果你是石頭做的,yes,yes。
If you were made of fire,
如果你是火做的,
your head a wild Medusa hissing flame,
你的頭 – 美杜莎狂嘶著火燄,
your tongue a red-hot poker in your throat,
你的舌 – 咽喉裡熾紅的火鉗,
your heart a small coal glowing in your chest,
你的心 – 一小塊煤炭於胸口灼熱,
your fingers burning pungent brands on flesh,
你的手指 – 點燃肉身的竄舞火舌,
if you were fire, if you were made of fire, yes, yes.
如果你是火,如果你是火做的,yes,yes。
If you were made of water,
如果你是水做的,
your voice a roaring, foaming waterfall,
你的聲音 – 沫白瀑布的怒吼,
your arms a whirlpool spinning me around,
你的雙臂 – 令我暈眩的漩渦,
your breast a deep, dark lake nursing the drowned,
你的胸 – 守護溺者的深黝湖泊,
your mouth an ocean, waves torn from your breath,
你的口 – 一片汪洋,呼吸將浪扯破。
if you were water, if you were made of water, yes, yes.
如果你是水,如果你是水做的,yes,yes。
If you were made of air,
如果你是空氣做的,
your face empty and infinite as sky,
你的臉 – 穹蒼般虛空,無終無始,
your words a wind with litter for its nouns,
你的話語 – 飄盪的垃圾是風的名詞,
your movements sudden gusts among the clouds,
你的動作 – 雲朵間狂風的猛勁,
your body only breeze against my dress,
你的身體 – 只是微風,撫我衣襟,
if you were air, if you were made of air, yes, yes.
如果你是空氣,如果你是空氣做的,yes,yes。
If you were made of air, if you were air,
如果你是空氣做的,如果你是空氣,
if you were made of water, if you were water,
如果你是水做的,如果你是水,
if you were made of fire, if you were fire,
如果你是火做的,如果你是火,
if you were made of stone, if you were stone,
如果你是石頭做的,如果你是石頭,
or if you were none of these, but really death,
或者,這些你都不是,你其實是死亡,
the answer is yes, yes.
答案也是 yes,yes。
(Mary May 譯)





















