Jay Shetty畢業演講中英文摘要
→Jay Shetty是誰?
《僧人心態》最激勵人心的數位心靈導師→2025年普林斯顿大学畢業演講
節錄中英文演講內容,原文影片
----------------------------------------------------------------
隱身也是種方式
The world will constantly push you to perform success. You have to disappear.
這個世界會不斷逼你展現成功,有時你必須選擇隱身。
Whilst everyone is putting pressure on visibility, feel comfortable becoming invisible.
當每個人都在追求曝光時,也請安心地保持低調。
世界是一面鏡子,我予它歡笑,它必予以歡笑。
In 1902, Charles Horton Cooley wrote,
1902 年,查爾斯·霍頓·庫利寫道:
I'm not what I think I am.
我並不是我以為的那個我。
I'm not what you think I am.
我也不是你以為的那個我。
I am what I think you think I am.
我,是我認為你認為的那個我。
Which means we live in a perception of a perception of ourselves.
也就是說,我們活在對自己想像的他人觀感中。
You stop worrying about what people think and start valuing what you believe.
停止在意別人的想法,開始重視你自己的信念。
並不是為了得到而學習,而是練習失去
A young student once asked the Buddha, “What do you gain from meditation?”
有位年輕學生問佛陀:「冥想能帶來什麼?」
The Buddha replied, “Nothing.”
佛陀回答:「什麼也沒有。」
The student looked confused and said, “Then why do you meditate?”
學生困惑地問:「那你為什麼要冥想?」
The Buddha said, “I don’t meditate because of what I gain. I meditate because of what I lose. I lose anxiety, insecurity, doubt, and fear.”
佛陀說:「我不是為了獲得而冥想,我是為了失去——失去焦慮、不安、懷疑和恐懼。」
嫉妒的解藥
Contrary to popular belief, the cure for envy isn't success.
與普遍認知相反,嫉妒的解藥不是成功。
The cure for envy is studying.
嫉妒的解藥是學習。
When your friend succeeds, ask them
當你的朋友成功時,試著這樣問:
“How did they build that?”
「他們是怎麼做到的?」
“How did they stay consistent?”
「他們怎麼保持穩定?」
“How did they recover from their failures?”
「他們是怎麼從失敗中恢復的?」
Muditā(梵文)
Take joy and pride in watching someone else's success.
從他人的成功中感受到喜悅與驕傲。
關乎人生的四個決定
There are four decisions you'll make in life that matter more than almost any other.
人生中有四個決定,比幾乎所有其他決定都更重要。
◆第一個:為自己和所愛之人加油打氣
The first decision is one you'll make every single day.
第一個決定,是你每天都要做的。
The first decision you'll have to make is how you feel about yourself.
你每天都要決定:你如何看待自己。
It's not a decision you'll make once.
這不是一次性的決定,
It's a decision you'll make every single day—every morning in the mirror, every night before you sleep.
而是每天、每天早上照鏡子時、每天晚上入睡前,都要做的選擇。
Someday you’ll mess up at work, say the wrong thing at home, fall short of who you want to be.
某天,你會在工作上犯錯,在家裡說錯話,無法成為你理想中的樣子。
Your self-perception will be tested, but you don't pass by pretending or being perfect.
你對自己的認知會受到考驗,但不是靠偽裝或完美來通過。
You pass by choosing again and again to show up for yourself and the people you love, better than you did yesterday.
渡過難關的訣竅在,是一次又一次選擇成為自己和所愛之人的支柱,做得比昨天更好。
◆第二個:得意時,朋友認識了你;落難時,你認識了朋友。
The second decision is this: Who you choose to love and who you choose to let love you.
第二個決定是:你選擇愛誰,以及讓誰愛你。
According to social psychologist Dr. David McClelland.
根據社會心理學家大衛·麥克利蘭博士
This decision can influence up to 95% of your success or failure in life.
這個決定,可能會影響你人生中多達 95% 的成功或失敗。
Not your grades, not your GPA, not your first job title—who you let close.
不是你的成績、不是你的 GPA、不是你第一份工作的職稱,而是你讓誰親近。
Sometimes you won't know if you chose right until you're right in it.
有時你不會知道選擇是否正確,直到你真正走進去。
Don't fall in love too fast.
不要太快陷入愛情。
You don't truly know someone until you've seen them tired, stressed, broke, or hungry.
你得看到一個人在疲憊、壓力大、身無分文或飢餓時的模樣,才真的了解他。
The right person will make the hard times easier.
對的人會讓困難的時刻變得輕鬆一點。
◆第三個:把你父母當成智者一樣請教
Don't forget your parents.
不要忘記你的父母。
Find something that breaks your heart open a little — and then get involved.
根據《美國時間使用調查》,在你 21 歲之前,你很可能已經和父母共度了人生中大約 90% 的面對面時間。
Interview your parents, record their stories, learn every lesson you possibly can from them.
好好和父母聊聊,記錄他們的故事,從他們身上學到一切你能學的事。
◆第三個:專注在工作上能為你創造的,不論是薪水、成就、人脈甚至透過它發現你不愛
The third decision is what you do for a living. Try to do what you can find the meaning and love in.
第三個決定是你選擇做什麼工作。試著去做那些你能找到意義與熱愛的事情
Try to love it.
試著去愛它。
Focus on what it gives you.
專注在他能為你帶來的
If you can't, then find the meaning in what you do.
如果你無法愛上它,那就找出你工作的意義。
Even if you don't love your job, bring what you love into the job.
即使你不愛這份工作,也把你所愛帶進去。
Love the people, love the growth, and if you can't find any love in it, use the feeling as your signal to move.
愛跟你一起共事的人,愛成長的過程;如果你在其中找不到任何愛,那就把這種感覺當作你該離開的訊號
◆第四個:讓你的時間、精力與資源,也能為他人創造價值
The fourth decision: how you’ll serve humanity.
第四個決定:你要如何服務人類。
it's not about how much you give ,it's about how much you hold back.
重點不是你付出了多少,而是你保留了多少。
Whether you have a little or a lot, your time, energy, and resources are far more meaningful when they're not just for you.
重點不是你付出了多少,而是你保留了多少。 無論你擁有多或少,當你的時間、精力與資源不只是為了自己時,它們才更有意義。
Remember, your purpose does not have to be your job.
記住,你的使命不必是你的工作。
Your purpose does not have to be big.
你的使命不需要很宏大
Your purpose does not have to make you money.
也不需要幫你賺錢
Your purpose does not have to make you famous.
也不必讓你出名。
Your purpose can be something you do on the weekend.
你的使命,可以只是你週末做的事情
Your purpose can be something you do in the evenings.
可以是你晚上進行的小活動
Your purpose is something no one can take away from you.
你的使命,是沒有人能從你身上奪走的東西
So find something you care about.
所以,找一件你真正關心的事吧。
Find something that breaks your heart open a little — and then get involved.
去找一件讓你感動、讓你在意的事情,然後投入其中。
Use your passion in the service of others, and it will become your purpose.
當你把熱情用來服務他人時,那就是你的使命。