★收羅近百段經典的電影名句,佐以文化及語言的背景說明,
讓影迷不只看熱鬧,更能看門道。
●《傑克萊恩:詭影任務》(Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit.2014)
Cherevin: You Americans like to think of yourselves as direct, but I wonder if perhaps you are just rude.
奇立文:你們美國人自以為坦率,其實是粗魯無禮。
Ryan: You Russians think of yourselves as poets but perhaps you're just touchy.
萊恩:你們俄國人自認為是詩人,其實是太敏感。
●《回到未來》(Back to the Future, 1985)
Band Member 1:What the hell you doing to my car?
樂團團員:你在對我的車搞什麼?
3-D: Hey, beat it, spook. This don't concern you.
畢夫黨羽:黑佬,滾開,不干你的事。
Band Member 2: Who you calling “spook,”peckerwood?
樂團團員:你叫誰黑佬,白佬?
●《史帝夫·賈伯斯》(Steve Jobs,2015)
I can't stand looking at that ridiculous Walkman anymore. You're carrying around a brick playing a cassette tape. We're not savages. I'm gonna put a thousand songs in your pocket.
我再也無法忍受看著那可笑的隨身聽,像是拿著一塊可以放卡帶的磚塊走來走去。我們又不是野蠻人,將來我要使你的口袋可以存放1000首歌曲。
●《亂世佳人》(Gone With The Wind, 1939)
Scarlett: Where shall I go? What shall I do?
郝思嘉:我該何去何從?
Rhett: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
白瑞德:老實說,親愛的,干我屁事。
●《西雅圖夜未眠》(Sleepless in Seattle, 1993)
Coworker: It's easier to be killed by a terrorist than get married over the age of 40.
同事:女人年過40想出嫁就難了,比被恐怖分子殺死還難。
Annie: That statistic is not true!
安妮:那個統計數據不是真的!
Becky: That's right it's not true, but it feels true.
貝琪:統計不是真的,但感覺像是對的。
●《教父第三集》(The Godfather Part III, 1990)
Look at this stone. It has been lying in the water for a very long time, but the water has not penetrated it. Look. Perfectly dry. The same thing has happened to men in Europe. For centuries they have been surrounded by Christianity, but Christ has not penetrated. Christ doesn't breathe within them.
看看這塊石頭,它泡在水裡很久,仍然沒能浸透。看,完全是乾的。歐洲人也是這樣,多少世紀以來一直受基督教教誨,但卻沒有被基督浸透。他們心裡沒有基督。
●《征服情海》(Jerry Maguire, 1996)
This is Miles Davis and John Coltrane. Stockholm. 1963. Two masters of freedom, playing in a time before their art was corrupted by a zillion cocktail lounge performers who destroyed the legacy of the only American art form-jazz.
這卡帶是兩位即興演奏大師麥爾斯·戴維斯和約翰·柯川1963年在斯德哥爾摩錄製的爵士樂 -美國原創藝術,可惜後來被一大票慕名模仿的酒吧音樂演奏給毀了。
●《華爾街》(Wall Street, 1987)
Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works.
在沒找到適合字眼之前,貪婪是好的,貪婪是對的,貪婪才有用。
~高振盛
~《好萊塢經典台詞裡的美國文化》
~《American Culture in Hollywood Lines》
#好萊塢經典台詞裡的美國文化
#偶希都理 #偶希都理閱讀筆記
#閱讀筆記 #Reading
【作者~廖慧淑(Su)】
譯者/作家/旅人,
日文翻譯、口譯及寫作經歷超過20年。
透過自遊與工作之便環遊世界三大洋五大洲,
總計造訪過40國n座城市。
#偶希都理 #廖慧淑