2017-05-11|閱讀時間 ‧ 約 17 分鐘

Oh, the Places You Will Go 噢,你將去的地方 蘇斯博士

    Oh, the Places You Will Go 噢,你將去的地方 蘇斯博士寫的繪本 http://denuccio.net/ohplaces.html

     

    Congratulations!恭喜恭喜!

    Today is your day.今天是你的大日子。
    You're off to Great Places!往好地方出發!
    You're off and away!你啟程走天涯!

    You have brains in your head.你有頭腦。
    You have feet in your shoes.也有腳力。
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.想往哪兒走就往哪兒走。
    You’re on your own. And you know what you know.孤身上路,你自持自知。
    And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.路在何方,你自有主意。

    You’ll look up and down streets. Look ’em over with care.你會上下打量,小心擇路。
    About some you will say, “I don’t choose to go there.”有些你一看便知:“那不是我要走的路。”
    With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,你才智滿腦,足下是勁,
    you’re too smart to go down any not-so-good street.聰敏如你,怎會走上那些岔路窮途。
    And you may not find any you’ll want to go down.也許你會找不到想走的路。
    In that case, of course, you’ll head straight out of town.如果是這樣,自然,你會立馬離城再覓去處。
    It’s opener there in the wide open air.曠野大漠,更盡開闊。

    Out there things can happen and frequently do to people as brainy and footsy as you.在那邊,人若如你,勤快聰慧,往往大有作為。
    And when things start to happen, don’t worry. Don’t stew.當大任降身,別擔心,別焦躁。
    Just go right along.順著走下去,
    You’ll start happening too.你也會開始踏上光明大道。

    Oh, the Places You’ll Go!噢!你將要去的地方!

    You’ll be on your way up!你會平步青雲!
    You’ll be seeing great sights!你會飽覽美景!
    You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.你會躋身精英,高飛攀迎!


    You won’t lag behind, because you’ll have the speed.你不會落後,因為你分秒必爭。
    You’ll pass the whole gang and you’ll soon take the lead.你會超越眾人,領先他等。
    Wherever you fly, you’ll be the best of the best.飛往何處,你都是卓越之最。
    Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.去往何方,你都能蓋世奪魁。


    Except when you don’t.做不到的時候除外,
    Because, sometimes, you won’t.因為,有時,你會做不到如此精彩。
    I’m sorry to say so很遺憾得這麼說,But, sadly, it’s true可嘆,這是事實。
    That Bang-ups吃閉門羹
    And Hang-ups遇阻受礙
    Can happen to you.你可能也會如此。
    You can get all hung up in a prickle-ly perch.你也許會被困卡在荊棘高處。
    And you gang will fly on.同伴都繼續飛翔,
    You’ll be left in a Lurch.你卻給丟下晃蕩愁苦。

    You’ll come down from the Lurch with an unpleasantbump.你也許會從那搖搖欲墜的枝頭狼狽跌撞而下,
    And the chances are, then, that you’ll be in a Slump.結果,很可能, 你會跌入深淵懸崖。
    And when you’re in a Slump, You’re not in for much fun.當你跌入深淵, 便無甚樂趣可言。
    Un-slumping yourself in not easily done.想走出消沉, 卻難一步登天。


    You will come to a place where the streets are not marked.你會來到掩隱的小路,
    Some windows are lighted. But mostly they’re darked.一些窗戶泛著燈光,但大多數昏黑灰暗。
    A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin!一個會讓你扭傷手肘撞破下巴的地方!
    Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?你敢留在外面?你敢走進裡面?
    How much can you lose? How much can you win?有多少可失去?有多少能贏取?
    And IF you go in, should you turn left or right…假若真走進去,該轉左還是轉右……
    Or right-and-three-quarters Or, maybe, not quite?還是右轉四分三?或者,也許,不夠?
    Or go around back and sneak in from behind?還是轉回去,從後潛入?
    Simple it’s not, I’m afraid you will find,恐怕即使滿心決意,
    For a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.你也覺得,要下決心也不容易。


    ou can get so confused that you’ll start in to race down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace你也許會一時迷亂, 拔腿沿曲折的長路亡命狂奔,
    and grind on for miles across weir dish wild space, headed,熬折奔跑千里, 經過遍野光怪陸離,
    I fear, toward a most useless place.我擔心,你跑向的是那最無用之地。
    The Waiting Place…那“等候之地”……


    … for people just waiting.那兒的人只知等候。
    Waiting for a train to go等火車走,
    Or a bus to come, or a plane to go等巴士到,等飛機飛,
    Or the mail to come, or the rain to go等這郵件到,等那雨停,
    Or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow等這電話響,等那雪紛飛
    Or waiting around for a Yes or No等別人置“可”、“否”,
    Or waiting for their hair to grow.等頭髮長長,
    Everyone is just waiting.人人只懂等候。
    Waiting for the fish to bite等魚兒上鉤不折騰,
    Or waiting for wind to fly a kite等風到來放飛風箏,
    Or waiting around for Friday night等周五夜
    Or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake也許是等看他們那“傑克叔叔”,
    Or a pot to boil, or a Better Break等鍋里水開,等更佳機遇,
    Or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants等一串珠鏈,等一條新褲,
    Or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.等一個捲毛假髮,等另一次機遇。
    Everyone is just waiting.人人只懂等候。


    NO!不!That’s not for you!那不是你會做的!
    Somehow you’ll escape反正你會逃離
    All that waiting and staying.那般等待歇停。
    You’ll find the bright places你會找到光明境地,
    Where BoomBands are playing.那裡鼓樂隊喧鬧奏鳴。


    With bannerflip-flapping,彩旗迎風飄揚,
    Once more you’ll ride high!你將再次乘風破浪!
    Ready for anything under the sky.無懼天下各種挑戰。
    Ready because you’re that kind of a guy!準備就緒,你就是這樣!


    Oh, the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done!噢,你將要去的地方!有樂要盡情!
    There are points to be scored. There are games to be won.有分要拿下,有比賽要贏。
    And the magical things you can do with that ball那小球會帶你走進奇妙歷程,
    Will make you the winning-est winner of all.讓你百戰百勝。
    Fame! You’ll be famous as famous can be,名聲!你會要多大名氣有多大名氣,
    With the whole wide world watching you win on TV.透過電視,全世界將看著你創下勝績。


    Except when they don’t.他們看不到的時候除外,
    Because, sometimes, they won’t.因為,有時,他們無法看到。
    I’m afraid that some times我很遺憾有時候的確如此
    You’ll play lonely games too.你獨自一人比賽
    Games you can’t win而那個比賽你永遠無法勝利
    ‘cause you’ll play against you.因為那是你和你自己的比賽


    All Alone!孤身一人
    Whether you like it or not,無論你接受與否
    Alone will be something you’ll be quite a lot.孤單與你形影不離。
    And when you’re alone, there’s a very good chance而當你孤單的時候
    You’ll meet things that scare you right out of your pants.你就會遇到一些讓你會滿心焦慮。
    There are some, down the road between hither and yon,沒有一個讓你覺得安心的港灣
    That can scare you so much you won’t want to go on.你是如此害怕,你想要逃離這一切。


    But on you will go但是你還是會勇往直前
    Though the weather be foul.On you will go儘管你要去的地方狂風暴雨
    Though your enemiesprowl.On you will go儘管你要去的地方已埋伏了敵方的士兵。
    Though the Hakken-Kraks howl.儘管野獸在咆哮。
    Onward up many A frighteningcreek,到處都是陰森的小溪,
    Though your arms my get sore而你已經精疲力竭
    And your sneakers may leak.你的鞋也已經破舊不堪


    n and on you will hike.但你還是會一步步的往前
    And I know you’ll hike far你會走得很遠
    And face up to your problems直面一切艱難險阻
    Whatever they are.無論他們有多麼難以剋服

    You’ll get mixed up, of course,當然你也會混亂
    As you already know.你一直都知道
    You’ll get mixed up你也會混亂
    With many strange birds as you go.和一群奇怪的鳥
    So be sure when you step.所以在走每一步之前
    Step with care and great tact都要深思熟慮
    And remember that Life’s記住這就是生活
    A Great BalancingAct.一場平衡的表演
    Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.永遠保持機警的大腦
    And never mix up your right foot with your left.不要搞錯你的步伐。

    And will you succeed?你會成功嗎?
    Yes! You will, indeed!當然會!
    (98 and ? percent guaranteed.)(98.75%保證)
    Kid, you’ll move mountains!孩子你會改變世界!

    So....所以....be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,無論你是叫巴克斯鮑姆還是比克斯比亦或者是博雷或者邁克爾·艾利·凡·艾倫·奧謝
    you're off to Great Places!你都會啟程去那個好地方!
    Today is your day!今天就是你出發的良成吉日!
    Your mountain is waiting.你的世界正等著你。
    So...get on your way!所以,出發吧!


    http://www.weimengtw.com/p/zzqop.html

     

    分享至
    成為作者繼續創作的動力吧!
    © 2024 vocus All rights reserved.