
Laura Knight 畫作
Walt Whitman, “ Song of Myself ” Section 52 from “Leaves of Grass”
惠特曼 草葉集 自我之歌 第 52 節
斑紋鷲鷹俯衝而下,控訴我,
he complains of my gab and my loitering.
埋怨我的饒舌與逗留。
I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
我一樣無法被馴服,我一樣無法被譯註,
I sound my barbaric yaws over the roofs of the world.
我發出野蠻的叫囂,讓它於世界屋脊上迴盪。
The last scud of day holds back for me,
白日最終的雲彩為我佇留,
It flings my likeness after the rest
將我的形影擲向雲靄,
and true as any on the shadow'd wilds,
我的形影和覆蔭荒野裡的萬物一樣真實。
It coaxes me to the vapor and the dusk.
雲彩誘引我走向霧氣與薄暮。
I depart as air, I shake my white locks at the runaway sun,
我如風般離去,我讓白髮甩向逃逸的太陽,
I effuse my flesh in eddies, and drift it in lacy jags.
我讓肉體於旋渦中消融,於鑲邊的岩石旁漂流。
I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,
我將自己遺留給土壤,並於我鍾愛的草葉中成長。
If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles.
若你冀望再度擁有我,請在你的靴下尋我。
You will hardly know who I am or what I mean,
你不會認得我,也不會理解我,
But I shall be good health to you nevertheless,
但我會讓你的身心靈受益,
And filter and fibre your blood.
我會滌淨並強化你的血液。
Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged,
若你一時無法將我尋回,請別沮喪,
Missing me one place search another,
此處若無我,請於他處尋覓,
I stop somewhere waiting for you.
我會在某處佇留,等你。
(Mary May 譯)

林晴晴/ 紀金慶 老師 2026 新春開講 彌勒佛


















