There are stories that are happy, other that are sad, and then there are those aren't either, like my story with Ducati.
世上有許多開心的故事,以及悲傷的故事,但也有不屬於兩者的故事,例如我跟Ducati的故事。
The challenge was brilliant but beautiful: be World Champion with Ducati.
我們要挑戰目標是多麼傑出又美妙:跟Ducati成為世界冠軍。
I was well aware of the difficulties, but the shock I received when I tried the bike for first time was far greater than I expected.
我知道這有多難,但當我第一次接觸到這台車時,我才發現這比我想像中的還要更困難。
Little by little, I came to realise that all the skills which had allowed me to be a World Champion, were no longer any use to me.
漸漸地,我理解到以前讓我成為世界冠軍的那些技巧,已經不再適用。
I had to work every hour needed to learn everything, and everyone.
我得無時無刻向每個人去學習。
The debut in Qatar was not like I'd dreamed.
卡達的初登板跟我想得不一樣。
Austin wasn't much better, not mentioning the fall in Argentina.
奧斯丁也沒有比較好,更不用提阿根廷站的轉倒。
Then came the first opportunistic critics, saying I'd never adapt.
接著就出現第一批投機的人批評說,我永遠無法適應。
The podium in Jerez gave me some reasurance, but the following showed this process was far from over.
赫雷茲的頒獎台讓我稍微有一點回報,但接下來才發現這一切還沒結束。
The races started well, but I was soon brought down.
比賽一開始都很好,但我很快就慢下來。
Silverstone was a turning point, I finished fifth, just three seconds behind the winner.
銀石站是個轉捩點,我以第五名收場,只比冠軍慢三秒。
The first victory was not far away.
第一場勝利不遠了。
We were there at Misano, but an error in concentration caused me to fall when I was leading the race.
米薩諾我們的狀況不錯,但在我領跑時,沒集中精神失誤導致轉倒。
In Aragon and Sepang I got two podiums, whilst in Valencia just miss out on the second to the last lap.
亞拉岡與雪邦站,我上了兩次頒獎台,而瓦倫西亞我在最後一圈跟勝利失之交臂排第二。
We were clearly improving. Achieving the record at Sepang during pre-season foretold the best for this year...
我們確實進步了。 在雪邦季前測試破紀錄,想說今年一定不錯...
but everything were wrong at Buriram.
但在武里南,一切又亂了套。
I struggled to finish in the top ten, I couldn't go fast, I didn't have the pace and, worst of all, I was exhausted.
我掙扎於跑不進前十,跑不快,沒辦法跑出那個速度,更糟的是我累壞了。
It was a nightmare.
真的是夢魘。
In the first four races, I only scored six points. My worst start in MotoGP.
前四場比賽,我只拿6分。是我GP生涯中最糟的開頭。
The cirtical moment arrived at Le Mans.
利曼站是關鍵。
After leading the race, I started losing positions and finished sixth.
領跑後,我開始往後掉,最後以第六完賽。
The situation was grim and my carrer was in danger.
狀況很糟,我的職業生涯也有危險。
Could I walk away at the age of 31, with everything I achieved?
我能夠在31歲的年紀,帶著我達成的一切走人嗎?
The answer was yes.
答案是可以的。
For a some days, retirement went through my head but the idea of leaving this sport made me even sadder. It's still wasn't the moment.
有那麼幾天,退休這個念頭閃過我的腦袋,但離開這項運動的念頭讓我更難過了。時間還沒到。
I want to show that I could start winning again.
我想要讓大家知道我還能贏。
The Sixth race was at Mugello, my lucky circuit.
第六場比賽在穆傑羅,我的幸運賽道。
Despite the results, little by little, I was felling better on this bike.
儘管成績不怎樣,但漸漸地,我對賽車的感覺更好了。
A new part of engine, a new part of fairing, a new tank with "magical" powers...
新的引擎零件,新的整流罩零件,以及新的「魔術」油箱...
My opportunity arrived that Sunday, and I wasn't going to miss it.
那個周末,我的機會了,我不會讓他跑走的。
Lighting, hammer, ciao belli caio.
I had done it!
我做到了!
Never in my life had I screamed so much inside my helmet.
我這一生中還沒有在我的頭盔裡尖叫那麼久。
There is no victory are beautiful than winning in Italy for Ducati.
沒甚麼比在義大利替Ducati拿下勝利還要棒的了。
We went on to win at Montmelo.
接著我們在蒙特馬羅也贏了。
And in Brno the more aggressive Lorenzo, from the 125cc and 250cc years, came back.
然後是布爾諾,那個125cc、250cc時代的凶狠Lorenzo又回來了。
In Austria, our circuit, we continued our tradition of victories, beating the strongest Marquez.
在奧地利,我們的賽道,我們延續勝利的傳統,打敗最強的Marquez。
We were kings of the world.
我們是世界之王。
In the races, like in life, decisions are everything.
比賽,就像人生,抉擇就是一切。
A good or a bad decision can change everything.
好的決定與壞的決定能改變一切。
In Aragon, after taking my third consecutive pole position, I fell at the first turn, injuring my toes.
在亞拉岡,我拿下連續第三場桿位起跑,然後我在第一彎轉倒傷到我的腳趾。
That's when the injuries began, that have prevented me from the goodbye I had dreamed of.
從那一刻開始一直受傷,這讓我沒辦法以我想要的方式向Ducati道別。
But it would be unfair ti let just a few unfortunate races spoil these two magical years that will always hold a special place in my heart.
但要是讓幾場不幸的比賽就毀掉這段會常存在我心中最特別的位置,魔術般的兩年旅程,那就太不公平了。
Thanks to the brilliance and hard work of all the engineers and mechanics in the factory.
感謝這個車廠所有優秀又努力工作的工程師與技師。
We've achieved in making the GP18 the best bike on the grid.
我們把GP18變成場上最棒的賽車了。
And this is the legacy that I feel part of, and will remember with great pride.
我留給大家這個我也感覺身在其中的禮物,我會自豪的記得這一切。
For the last time: Forza Ducati!
那麼最後一次:Forza Ducati !